Campus Life in London | Seb Gorlov

Even though it can be difficult at first to adjust to becoming a university student – moving from home, making new friends, potentially being far away from family – it definitely becomes easier as time goes on.

Living close to central London

Roehampton is really close to central London. Barnes, the nearest station, is only a few stops away from London Waterloo. There’s so much to see and do in London. My favourite thing to do on the weekend is jump onto the tube and head to Camden Market. After exploring all the cool stalls and vintage shops, I grab some food from the street-food market and eat alongside the canals.

Life on campus

Life on campus is also great! Want a fun night out while staying at university? The Union Bar is your go to spot. Located near the Students Union at Froebel College, it’s the perfect place for you to spend time with friends, grab a drink, or some food from Pub Grub. They host loads of events such as “Lights and Lyrics” karaoke night, board games night, NOVA club night, and quiz, bingo and game show nights.

My daily routine on-campus

My day usually starts with a coffee and a pastry in the library cafe, where I’ll either be working on assignments or preparing for a lecture. I’ll then grab lunch from Froebel Diner, which is near the Union Bar. They have a great selection of food and drink which is always really good. I then either head to an afternoon lecture, to the library or to Elm Grove Hall (my halls of residence) to work. In
the evening I’ll normally make myself some dinner and chill in my hall with my flatmates, but every Thursday you’ll catch me at Lights and Lyrics, one of my favourite student events!

The University of Roehampton changes lives by helping our students to develop the confidence, knowledge and values they need for a successful and fulfilling life. We produce world-class research that helps us understand the world and change it for the better.