We are a new society run by nutrition students Bells, Jemma, and Rupan. We want to bring together the staff and students at Roehampton University to celebrate food and learn and discuss what it means to be healthy. A healthy life looks different to everyone, and we want to hear what it means to you!
We have some goals we’d like to achieve as society leaders and, to keep us accountable, we wanted to share these with you:
1. Create an open, safe community within Roehampton University where staff and students can learn and discuss health and nutrition together
2. Explore expanding the food options on Whitelands Campus
3. Facilitate volunteering and charity days both on and off campus.
A few things you can expect when you join this society:
- Happy, relaxed vibes!
- Monthly meetings (date & time TBC)
- Discussions on hot topics (new research, diets etc)
- Collaborating with other University Nutrition Societies
- Improving public speaking skills (if you’d like to!)
- Group Charity/Volunteering events
- WhatsApp support group
- Weekly study groups
- Guest speakers
- Book clubs
You can find us on Instagram @roenutritionsociety – please bear with us, we’re new!
We look forward to meeting you!
The Nutrition and Health Society
Blog post by Bells Hann